Please look at

First of all NO BASHING!!! I am 38 weeks pregnant and I am 1 cm dialated but my cervix is thick and closed.. I am going to try Evening Primrose Oil.. They say to take one orally then at bed time insert one or two capsules into your vagina or if possible rub the oil from the capsules onto your cervix directly.. My question is, how long after you started inserting the capsules did your cervix start to change? I am very aware that all the EPO does is soften your cervix and does NOT induce labor... SO please if you have an answer then give it, if you want to bash, then find another question! Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i never even heard of tht best of luck finding your answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 5:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• This method does not work over night. You should not expect to use the oil before bed and wake up in labor. It doesn't work that way. The oil needs to be used for a few weeks to gradually ripen the cervix.
    http://pregnancy.families.com/blog/can-evening-primrose-oil-help-soften-the-cervix
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think IMO if I was you i would wait until at least your due date (40 weeks) I wouldn't do anything to make my LO come early- I actually went past my due date and was induced in the hospital.

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010