Trying to reduce Comcast bill. Do you bundle? Which provider do you use, do you like it, how much?

We have basic cable, wifi and landline with comcast and it's 140 a month. I'd like to know if I break up the package would my bill be less using other providers? Anyone been through this? I could care less about TV but I care about internet. Does this make sense? What is your experience?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 6:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I pay $19.99 a month for internet only, We don't have wireless and don't have cable TV.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• OMG.... I have Digital Cable (300 stations) with Cox and pay $78, I have a basic phone line from At&t that just rings for $13, and At&t DSL for $10.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We don't have cable TV at all. In the living room we have a Blu-ray player and a Mac Mini hooked up to the TV. We watch shows and movies via the Blu-ray player from Netflix. Then we watch newer episodes via the Mac Mini from Hulu. We pay $10 a month for Netflix and that gives us one DVD at a time. Then we pay $60 a month for internet and that is the fastest available from Time Warner. They just put in fiber optics into our neighborhood so we're probably going to switch to the next to fastest internet through AT&T for around $68 a month, which will be twice as fast as what we have now. We have just the basic land line and that is $27 a month, but we just got smart phones, so our cell phone bill is going up and we're ditching the land line altogether. We got a google number to use for things like the doctor's office, credit card companies, etc. When someone leaves a voicemail it will notify us on our cell phones.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I dont have the same providers for all, But Im ready to get rid of my land line. I hardly use it and I dont need it to run the computer with anymore. That will save us an extra $30 a month by itself.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Comcast will reduce usually reduce your bill by $20 a month for six months. However, the last time that I called them, they said that they were no longer doing this. We had a family meeting, cancelled comcast, bought a converter box for our TV and signed up with Clear for internet.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We have comcast. Our bundle is $180 cable w/all movie channel, phone, and internet. I want to cancel the phone because we don't use it and I want to change the cable option. We have all these movie channels but on the weekend I can't find a movie to watch.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I cut off cable tv & bought a good antenna ($125 at Radio Shack). We now get the basic networks. I have my internet locked in for 2 years & watch my cable networks online. I use Vonage for my phone service. Go to your local cable office for the best deals. Phone operators are not likely to offer or are not authorized to offer better deals.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• To be truthful, I'm downsizing my Comcast bill to just cable/internet like we had it before. We added phone onto it for me so I'd have landline for work, but I'd rather use Skype; pay $25ish for a headset and under $5/month for unlimited US calling. I've had it with these big companies and their horrible customer service.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• $20 internet through AT&T, no home phone, no cable (cell service through Verizon)
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:39 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I have ATT U-Vesre. I pay $150/month for the top TV and Internet package bundle. If we ever want to downsize we can.

You have to call Comcast and see what they offer. HONESTLY- I had Comcast, called 2 years back wanting to cancel my phone. (I had a 3 pack bundle). They knocked $30/month off my bill and gave me a FREE movie package. They will give DEALS if you threaten to CANCEL. They gave such deals to my cousins and my mom when they wanted to cancel as well. Out here they are competing with ATT.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2010