What would you do? (warning...long)

Let me give you the basics. 25 y/o sahm of 5 and 2 y/o. Husband works and drives 110 miles a day to and from work. My stepmom and her new husband (both of my parents deceased, step mom has been there for all but 5 years of my life so pretty close). Due to unexpected circumstances beyond our control(landlord closing trailer park due to state dot buying her out to expand highway) we had 45 days notice to get out and find a place. With lack of proper timing we moved into my stepmoms hubbys old house and rent-to-own from him. However after being here for a year we have still yet to see any effort to get a written lease/contract (or whtvr u want to call it) from him. He drags his feet getting things fixed in the house (rotting floor, leaking ceiling, etc). My mama (stepmom) makes no effort to spend anytime with me or the kids and neither does my husbands parents. I am getting sick the bs. Thinking about moving closer to my sister

sahm2kateli

Asked by sahm2kateli at 6:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• and also closer to my husbands work. What do you think we should do? Please help!
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• For me, all of that boils down to this: We live in a place we don't care for and the landlord isn't efficient about getting things done. We have no lease tying us to the place. My husband drives 110 miles to work. Should we move?

Yes
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• if you can afford it, move... you only moved there because you had no other choice at that moment. sounds like they figured it would be a temporary thing.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Move if you can, you have nothing to lose:)
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 6:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• move
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• WOW this is sad sometimes u just have to do what u have to do. i have been in a situation like that. we lived with grandparents and we just had to go. and im sure there is some tention in the hop=me too. u would just be better off with just u and ur family things are always better that way. i wish u luck and things will get better it just takes time
    monica_sue_83

Answer by monica_sue_83 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• At first it was gonna be temporary but then he offered us a "cant beat it"deal. he had 5.5 yrs left on mortgage (1 yr ago). our rent would be half of his house payment and once it was paid for he would sign it over to us. He was trying to sell the house before we moved in but had no luck with it. It benefited us both. As just about everyone knows family and money dont mix to well and this proved to be true yet again. I dont wanna move but we cant stand the gas bill for my hubby driving back and forth to work. Thank you for all the advice and i guess we just have to pray about it come tax time that we do the right thing.
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Move already. You don't have a contract/lease. You don't have to tell them it has anything to do with them. You want to live closer to husband's job. Go for it.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think moving would be the right thing to do.
    blue8544

Answer by blue8544 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If your ready to move then move. They don't seem to care too much to help you fix the place up. Be honest and tell them that you appreciate your help and having a place to call our own but it is not working for the commute. Make sure to mention that you do appreciate them helping out when they did.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010