Can you have both medicaid and tri-care (military insurance)

I am currently in my 2nd yr of fighting for disability and recieve medicaid which covers all costs as I am unable to afford the 9 prescriptions I am on, plus the many doctors I see. My husband who is in the military will be recieving tri-care soon, which is great, but i am worried that i will lose my medicaid. there are many things medicaid does not cover that i can use tri-care for and vice versa, but am not sure if that is allowed, does anyone know how this works? Thank you in advance.

miracleoffaith

Asked by miracleoffaith at 6:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Health

• I think that your fine just as long as you make under the limits that they require,
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Tricare always asks me if I have other insurance so I would assume it would be fine.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 6:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I believe Tricare becomes your primary insurance and Medicaid becomes a supplement. Once he gets enrolled, he can contact the health benefits adviser to see what is going to work best for your specific situation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Thank you for your answers..they are useful. I will contact both tri care and medicaid on monday
    miracleoffaith

Comment by miracleoffaith (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2010