Underarm Odor - WHY is it worse now? What can i eat to dispell this?

O.K...underarm odor...i know this is not a subject regularly talked about ...but...

i am pre-menapausal...and have had to change deod/antiper. to a stronger - made for men - brand!

it's crazy!

anyone know of any foods to dispell this...to calm my sweating/odor problem down?

the odor is not bad until later at night - it's all fine during the day.

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 6:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I use Old Spice in the summer months. I work out hard and I have yet to find a female deodorant that can keep up with me! I use Dove over the fall and winter. I used to buy this great stuff called CertainDry. It is a roll-on next to the deodorants that you put on at night and it really helps control the sweat and odor the next day!! I need to get it again and I'd highly recommend it!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 12:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Try exercising and sweating hard to release toxins. Also, it can be an indication of a thyroid problem.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't know any foods and all that BUT you can try the clinical strenght deodorant, walmart carries a very nice smelling one made by degree it cost a little more BUT it is way and I mean way worth it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Apply it twice during the day instead of the normal once.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Try putting on your deodorant then some babypowder...if you have hair under there then shave it off...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i use degree for men....love the smell...but gee at the end of the day...ech! thanks :o)
    Leezah

Comment by Leezah (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• @mekarevell - nope...don't have any hair - smooth shaved...LOL babypowder is a good idea, though.

@tangyh - oh, wow...i wouldn't have thought OldSpice...and yeah, i have not heard of certaindry, i'll look for that.

@pvtjokerus - yeah...putting it on twice during the day...good idea, too...guess about 2 or 3 in the afternoon maybe.

@bludog - good call...i agree on the toxins. doc just checked my thyroid...it's healthy as a horse!

thanks all for the advice. is really irritating and embarassing!
    Leezah

Comment by Leezah (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010