Just a little of everything....

Okay, I have a 19 month old daughter that is so cute, but when I'm around she is a little terror. Always getting into things she shouldn't be and fussing about everything and when I have someone watch her she is an angel and when I get home she is a terror again. Also she's starting to take off her diaper, but only when she needs a new one. Does that mean it's time to start potty training? She climbs on me and my husband all the time. What can I do? I can't get her to sit still at all really.

ajc-08

Asked by ajc-08 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

•  It sounds like you are doing something right. My Nan always told me that you can tell how good a parent is by the way they act when you are there. She's almost 80 by the way. Both my children are like that. More so my daughter with me. Some days she's just pain out mean. They are angels for other people.

Maybe she's ready for potty training?

Sounds like it's time for "time out" spot. Pick a corner, chair, or rug to place her on for one minute. It's one minute for every year old that she is. If she gets up. Put her back in there. If she cries. Don't give in. Even if her time is up. If she's still crying or yelling. Leave her in time out until she calms down. Then tell her why you put her in that. Like you climbed on mommy and it gave her an boo boo or something like that. It will take more then one try to get her to stay put when she's in time out, but if you don't cave it will work.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes, she's ready to start potty training. And as for the activity, you just teach her not to climb and what she can/cannot get into. If others can get her to be "an angel", so can you. Good Luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• your lucky she even does that good with someone watching her lol. My girls don't care who is watching them especially my 2.5 year old she will get into everything and be bad even when I am not around lol. And for the potty training yes I believe she could be ready.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010