my son who is almost 2 i have noticed he keeps putting his fingers in his diaper and scratching and i have noticed that his ball sack has turned a light red could he be allergic to something like the baby powder or something??? could i put like vaseline on it? adult content

Momof2AZ26

Asked by Momof2AZ26 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it might be from him playing with himself or it could be from the heat and the diaper rubbing against him. If it gets worse or doesn't go away after treatment then I would try switching diapers. You can use vasiline although I am not sure if it will get rid of the rash. I know you can use it to pretect against rashes though.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• it could be the diaper itself- if he's in disposables it could be the brand, if he's in cloth it could be the detergent, or has he switched soaps lately? i think you should treat it like any other rash though - let him sit in a luke warm bath with baking soda then after patting him dry use A&D ointment or Butt Paste (I have not had much luck with Desitin...) GL momma!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Are you using Pamper diapers with Dry Max? They have been giving babies a rash. Stick to the plain pampers or huggies. DONT use baby powder at all!!!!!. Try a little desitin on the area and change the type of diaper.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would try a different diaper or start putting some type of ointment like Boudreaux Butt Paste as opposed to vaseline.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It also could be an yeast infection...boys get them too! Consult your doctor we may need special meds to clear it up!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010