gallbladder surgery and pregnancy????

I have had moderate to severe upper abdominal pain since about feruary. It happens on and off but is increasing in frequency. It is in the center of my stomach right below my ribs and the pain shoots through to the back of my back in hte center right below my shoulder blades. Well anyways I went for a gallbladder ultrasound and it took hte lady a long time to get all the pictures and I dont get the results until monday at the earliest. my dr was thinking it was an ulcer but with treatment its still not gone and i dont have the bacteria in my blood that indicates ulcer. NO MEDICINE Helps. I have tried taking all the over the counter stuff and also have been prescribed 3 different meds in the last few months. Could this indicate something is wrong with my gallbladder??oh and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant. can you have your gallbladder removed while preggo????

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 6:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so cause my sister in law was pregnant and was having problems with her gallbladder and they wouldn't take it out until the baby was born
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i dont know what to do. the pain is horrible and its making me miserable
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Now days it shouldn't be problem to remove the gallbladder. Of course you will need to mention it to be sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i had the same thing and it was my gallbladder and they told me if it got any wores ill be induced at 35 weeks have my baby then them take it out other wise i gotta wait 4 weeks after i have her and they are gonna take mine out
    senior_2OO8

Answer by senior_2OO8 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010