Is there a proven way to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? Or a way that has worked for you?

vr3star

Asked by vr3star at 7:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think a lot of it has to do with how nice your skin is, how well you take care of yourself. Gaining a ton of weight or more then you need to by eating poorly and not exercising can lead to stretch marks too. I also think if you are genetically prone to stretch marks there isn't much you can do about it. So my advice is take care of yourslef and your skin and drink LOTS of water.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• nope. It all depends on how much collagen you have in your skin. Gaining weight slowly helps reduce the number and severity however. A good way to judge is if you scar easily from injury,you'll probably get stretch marks.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I dont think there is a proven way to prevent stretch marks when pregnant. I have heard from a lot of women that cocoa butter and vitiamn E helps alot. It helps make your skin more elastic. Some women just have skin that can stretch and go back to normal while others they stretch and have stretch marks. Like I said Vit. E and cocoa butter should at least help or minimize stretch marks
    csly

Answer by csly at 7:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Coconut oil
    Emu oil
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i think a diet in good fats is essential. i always took udo's oil and or fish oil...before i ever had my first child. i have had 5 kids in the past 6 1/2 years. my skin is not perfect, but i get lots of complements...and i am old too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• they say to keep you skin moisterized (of course there are a million products) it also depends on age and skin elasticity- I tried tons of the products and still have HUGE ones so GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It's all genetic. Skin type. My Dr. said it's hereditary, just like varicose veins. My mom got them both, my sister got them both & I got them both. My husband's mom had 4 kids & didn't get any stretch marks at all with any of them. He has 3 sisters they had 14 kids between them & none of them got stretch marks, not even the one with twins. However, It doesn't hurt to watch your weight gain and moisturize while you're pregnant. I have read that doing both of these things can significantly cut down on the amount & severity of stretchmarks.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would put bio oil on twice a day. Along with putting my regular cocoa butter lotion on.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I was actually just watching the tv show the doctors the other day and they were talking about something called the derma roller that will help get rid of stretch marks. its a little roller with mini spikes all around it and you roll it over the stretch marks and it pricks you and makes your skin produce new skin to ttake place of the non collagen skin
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I use cream all the time and still have horrible stretch marks so i asked the doctor how to prevent them and He said theirs nothing You can do it just depends on your skin.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010