Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Ok I really need the help of baby's father to support our son but I know he is going through alot right now and Im not sure if he can help. What would you do?


Asked by LiLJeni at 7:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 30 (44,491 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • Just ask him he just might be willing to help since he's payin for one kid already...He wouldt want you to put him on papers for yours when he can just give you what he want but if the courts get involved he will send you a set amount weekly...

    Answer by mekarevell at 2:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • He needs to step up and handle his responsibilities. Seek child support.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • Your son's needs are more important than his dad's issues. Period, end of story.

    Answer by getrealmama at 7:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • tough titty. the baby doesn't care if daddy isn't well off. he/she still needs diapers and food!

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • Get it now so you will have it for your son. Don't worry about bf, is he worried about your 2?

    Answer by QandA at 7:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • It isn't your responsibility to worry about how he will pay for two kids.....that's up to him. In our state, the child support will be given to each child in order of case filed with child your child will get whatever amount is left from his check.

    Answer by semazani at 8:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • I would seek court ordered child support so that there is no question that you'll get it. The Child is the number one priority!!


    Answer by Morgain at 7:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • Dad needs to put his priorities where they belong, the baby comes first!

    Answer by older at 7:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • I would go to court and make him pay child support.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • He need to step up. The world doesn't revolve around him only anymore he has responsibility now!!!!!!!!
    If he doesn't want to help child support would be the answer. Tell him to grow up!!!

    Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010