What approach did you take to potty training?

ajc-08

Asked by ajc-08 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son wanted to try it and loved it, then he regressed so we waited till he was ready again, it didn't take long and he was in undies shortly after he turned 2. My dd just started going at daycare and basically they trained her, I literally had nothing to do with it other than buying the panties, she was in undies at 18 months. There's a lot to be said about waiting till their ready though. My dd is 2 1/2 and she was training and has moments where she dosen't want to. It's all in letting them wait.
    I watch a girl who was still in diapers till she was 3 and a bit. I would set the oven timmer for every 25 mins or so and when she would hear the ding she would go to the potty herself, that took maybe a week and a half.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We didn't. They did it when they were ready. 12 years....no accidents.
    TheSTwins

Answer by TheSTwins at 7:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I started putting my DD's on the potty all the time tell they got the idea they where supose to do #1 and #2 in it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well you know something I ask that same question 1 month and a half ago. Some one comment to try letting him be naked. No kidding that work wonders for me he was potty train in a week; he was 2 years and 3 month thought. Try not putting PULL UP it was a bad idea from me; because I started PULL UP when he was 2 and for 3 months he would just do his business on them. To me it was pointless you just confuse them. They think there are diaper for bigger kids, Good luck
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 7:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I did nothing- honest to goodness, nothing. Well, I showed him the potty, told him what to do on it, and a little after turning three he just started going on his own! Now he's three and a half and is starting to go dry through naps.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My oldest daughter basically potty trained herself. We tried a couple of times on the pottychair but without success then one day just two months past her second birthday she came in the kitchen and said "Mommy gotta potty" and that was it. No mistakes after that. With our youngest daughter (there is 17 years between) who is now 12 years old; I was working full time during potty training. We had an amazing childcare giver who sat with her from the time Taylor was 6wks until she went to kindergarten. This lady was wonderful with her. She got her ready for school and did the potty training. She and her family are part of our family for the last 22 years anyway. So God blessed us with her.
    CariDusk10

Answer by CariDusk10 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010