Did any of you save knowing the sex of your baby until birth? Why did you wait to find out...was it worth it?

DH is trying to talk me into finding out the sex of our 3rd baby. We have one boy and one girl...so it TRULY does not matter which it is.

But I am a planner. I like to buy pink and blue...and dont do well with secrets.

But since we knew with both of our other babies and we have one of each..I guess I am swayed more to let him choose this time.

What do you think...worth it...or not?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i couldnt do it lol! i just had to know!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It is one of the only things in life that is a true surprise, it was so worth it every time and I would do it again and again.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I did with my first, but my second was going to be born around the same time she was and I saved all of her clothes. Luckily I had two girls in a row..With my son, we wanted to know because my husband was going to be deployed during his birth so he wanted to know prior to deployment.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I waited - I loved the anticipation!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• we didn't find out with any of our 3 children. We had a son and then with the second pregnancy we were going to find out but I so badly wanted a girl that I was afraid of being disapointed if it might have been a boy. I'd never want to have a feeling like that towards one of my babies, so we didn't, it was a girl and all is well :)
    I love the surprise, honestly it's so exciting during delivery just waiting to see and find out!
    We may be pregnant with #4 and won't find out the sex of this one either.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I had to know but it was still a surprise-just earlier.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• LOL thats what I told my dh DigiScrapperMom.....he didnt buy it...hahahaha
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• With our first, I was willing to wait until delivery to find out, but DH wanted to know ASAP, so we found out. But with our second, our first was certain that she was getting a sister, I decided that we needed to find out beforehand just in case that "sister" was going to be a brother. Good thing I did because he was. I needed that time to prepare her for her baby brother.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• With my first, I wanted to be surprised. I didn't mind decorating my nursery in greens and yellows and I didn't mind getting clothing those same colors. I wanted the surprise of hearing "It's a boy" or "It's a girl". I will never forget hearing the words "It's a boy" after I delivered him

Fast forward 10 years >>> that first child has autism. I was remarried and we wanted another child. We were trying to prepare our autistic child for a sibling. We felt it was best to find out the sex of the child so that we could prepare him. We even bought a boy baby doll for him to practice holding him and caring for him. It just made sense to us to do it this way.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If you are already doing an ultrasound and you want to know, then why not.

I never do prenatal ultrasounds so I never had the choice to discover gender. No big deal for me.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010