Did you ever feel depressed during pregnancy?

vr3star

Asked by vr3star at 7:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. They were some of the best times of my life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Nope. With my son I hated everybody and with my daughter I didn't hate everybody. I had no patience when I was pregnant with my son.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I did and it was awful :( I just remember my mom telling me to smile and it would make me furious! I was just knew it would go away as soon as the baby was born and it did. I never had PPD or baby blues with any of my 4 babies =)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes, sometimes. i really don't like being pregnant at all. that was part of it, and then there were the normal hormonal mood swings which just made it even worse. i think it's something you could talk to your ob about if it's a major thing, and they could refer you to a therapist who deals with that regularly. something that always cheered me up was thinking "i won't be pregnant forever...... they have to come out sometime!" i didn't feel depressed at all after the babies were born though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Honestly, it is a normal part of your hormones to be depressed at a point during pregnancy. Every persons body handles it differently. Some people can just shake it off and others have to have meds. It doesn't mean you are not excited or happy, it's just one of those things that some people struggle with. I know I have. I hope you feel better soon.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i wonder this too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010