My son is bored with me, I hope this is phase...

He just plays by himself
talking to himself
sitting in front of the fan, loving the air
taking out toys by himself and playing with them

He's 8mos so I'm hoping its a stage

I tried to go play with him and he crawled away from me....lol
then I tried to pick him up and he got upset and tried to get away, then he crawled off to go scale some furniture

Anyone elses babies becoming more independent?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure it's not a problem. I have the opposite problem. My son won't let me out of his sight, lol. He's probably just discovering new things, and he probably feel very secure in the fact that you're there if he needs you. It sounds to me like he's just curious and is excited to explore. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Once they get that freedom they love it! But it lasts for a while after they get mobile and then they eventually come back and forth. Sometimes they will want mom to hold em alll day other days they don't want any attention at all. He still loves you mama, he just likes his freedom.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• aww momma he still needs and wants you. who else can do what you do with him? it's a good thing that he is starting to get independant. it means you are doing it right! you should be proud! and not only should you be proud you should be happy and enjoy some mom time while he is doing it. of course be in the same area just now read or craft or do some housework....whatever works for you.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• That's about the same time that my son decided everything else was much cooler tha palying with me. At first I was a little sad, but now it's fun to just watch him explore. It's a nice little break in between crawling and walking. My son has just started walking and now it's where I will sit down and have to get right back up to stop him from doing things he's not supposed to.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2010