I feel Fat!

I am 21 i am a mother of a 2 year old. I weigh 210lbs, i know i am over weight! I want to lose it and making a trip to the mall with my mother and sister made me realize i need to not just for my physical health but for my confidence! I do not know how to do this, until my DD i was little, i blew up while pregnant and did not lose much of the weight and then gained alot while doing alot of nothing, i am now ready to get on the ball, SO if anyone can tell me what worked for them, work out routines, home remidies, slim fast, i want to stay as healthy as possible and might try a 'fad' diet so long as i know i am getting all my nutrients. All tip and tricks will be GREATLY appreciated!! By the way i am on a small food budget right now, so buying fresh fruits and veggies is hard because they are so EXPENSIVE but i do but some, which ones anyone knows that are more filling and less expensive!

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 7:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• if you want to lose it and keep it off, do it alittle at a time. slim fast, adkins don't work if you go stop them-infact you can gain all your weight plus more back. just exercise, cut down on the sodas, breads, and desserts. learn to love you and set smaller goals-not a huge one that way when you reach it you can set another and then another, but you wont freak if you dont make your big one in just alittle bit of time. best of luck!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• here are some tips:

Cut out regular soda, junk food, chips, etc.
    Count your calories and write them down. Look online for a free food journal site. I like sparkpeopl(dot)com. It will give you a healthy caloric range that you can eat and still lose. Aim for 2 pounds per week. This is steady results for PERMENENT loss. You don't want to do a fad diet and then turn around and gain it all back plus more. Fad diets don't work in the long run- think about it- if they worked no one would be fat.
    Some of my fav healthy foods:
    celery, carrots, tomatoes, apples, oranges, spinach, peaches, avacado, mixed greens for salads, canned tuna, peanut butter, whole grain bread, sliced turkey, canned beans, oatmeal, eggs.
    Exercise! Lace up your sneakers and run. Get a jog stroller (buy it used if you need to) and get moving. I go to yoga class 2xs a week, run 3xs a week, and ride a bike 1x a week.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree with watching your calorie intake. I lost 30lbs doing this before I got pregnant. My husband has lost 60 and kept it off for almost two years now without really trying because he just instinctively knows when he's had enough now and how much calories are in what. Its a change in lifestyle. I also second sparkpeople.com.
    rena_goldmoon

Answer by rena_goldmoon at 8:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Your diet is the most important thing. And by diet I mean all the foods you eat, not a crash diet. Start a food journal, either online or in a notebook, and write down every bite you take. There are a lot of really great sites online that can assist you with a ballpark estimate of the cals/carbs/fat is recommended for you every day. I use dailyburn.com. I lost 20 lbs last summer by following the Abs Diet for Women by David Zinczenko, available on amazon, at walmart, or at your local library. It really taught me how to eat and which foods should be the staples of my diet--like oatmeal, berries, spinach, lean meats, etc. It also emphasizes the importance of strength training which often gets overlooked in favor of only cardio but both are really beneficial!! You don't need to only buy fresh fruits and veggies--frozen are usually as nutritious, if not more~! Good luck!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 12:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Get sum taebow tapes and fruit cups are great and dont cost much...just do a lil each day just to start and before you know it you will have a routine that works for you...good luck
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thank you for all ylour tips and im going to work on a nice healthier routine in eating and working out :)
    smilelovesmile

Comment by smilelovesmile (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Nutritional Cleansing helped me lose weight and keep it off.

There is more information here - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions you can message me here or email me. My contact info is on the website.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 4:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2010