did i hurt my baby

things i did b4 i knew it was bad to do!!

when i was only 2 months pregnant i dyed my hair but i was in a well ventilated area...

i ate raw food, like cookie dough, hotdogs, ect..

i didnt take my prenatals until i was 20 weeks

what do u think??

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 6:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry so much I find as I read the more worry about everything I have done or might do wrong. I have eaten raw cake mix, used spermicde condoms, died my hair, drank pop, moved myself out of an upstairs upartment by myself in 100 degree weather, and God only knows what else I might have done to this poor child before I knew it was in there!!!
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 2:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• if the dr says u and ur baby are healthy than u are.i did things to before i found out i was pregnant.i didnt take my prenatals till i was 19 weeks.those things u did shouldnt be that bad to worry about any way.
    mcoche08

Answer by mcoche08 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I died my hair even when I knew I was pregnant. My doctor said that if it was in a well ventilated area, there was nothing wrong with it, other than the possibility of the smell making me nauseous. I did not take prenatal vitamins at all. I tried for 2 weeks, and they made me sick. So instead I simply ate really healthy, watched how much junk I allowed myself, drank 100% fruit juices instead Soda's, and my baby came perfectly healthy. The doctor said my placenta was HUGE, as was Kaylee's umbilical cord, which are 2 things that they go off of to see how healthy you were during your pregnancy. I don't think you will have a problem.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I dyed my hair at 2 months also -- everythings ok

SSSHHHH!!!! Don't tell my doctor I crave raw cookie dough and still take a nibble every now and then (less than 1/2 a teaspoon)

hotdogs and lunchmeat "raw" is only because of the bacteria they might carry. just try not to eat em raw all the time.

as far as the vitamins - as long as the doc say's you're healthy and the baby is healthy you're fine.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 6:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I bet you're fine. Congratulations on the baby!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2008