HE PISSES ME OFF SOOOO BAD!! Please advise me? adult content

My boyfriend didn't go to work tonight. He just up and quit-no notice given, nothing. He left the other employees hanging. Now, one of the employees will have to work double shifts (she's a mom with two kids). The manager will have to forfeit his vacation (he has a heart condition and really needs to take a couple of weeks off). My boyfriend just doesn't get it! It's wrong to just up and quit and not give two weeks' notice.

He and the boss have had problems, and I understand that it can get stressful at times. I told him that if he wanted to quit, to be man enough to tell them to their faces and give notice. But he should just quit.

Now he'll start sleeping all day and staying up all night, surfing the web and wasting time.

I'm his girlfriend, but I'm seriously considering leaving him. Thank God I don't live with him (he lives with mommy). Am I just being a beotch or do I have cause to be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• This goes to show what his character is. You need to decide if this is what you want in a man.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• He is not responsible. Do you want to be part of that.?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I totally agree with you, that is one selfish man.

Answer by older at 8:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You have every reason to be upset. I don't know his age, but at any age it's not a good thing to just up and quit. If a person wants to quit, they should get another job lined up first and always give notice. You don't want to burn bridges. I bet his parents are upset too. And if you do get a little beotchy, it'll be good for him!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It's his life. Yes what he did was wrong but be thankful he's just a bf so you can kick him to the curb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do not think that you are being irrational. It sounds like he is extremely immature and I am wondering just how good of a boyfriend he really is to you. If he does not care about others and you have already predicted what he will do (while still living at home with his *mom*), I think you need to take a long look at the relationship and decide if this is something that you want to pursue, especially if he refuses to communicate. It says a lot about his character. Many people have issues with their boss, however when it comes down to someone really needing time of due to health concerns, his personal feelings should not get in the way. By putting in notice, the boss could have found a replacement that could be trained while he was away. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.
    Milaya2

Answer by Milaya2 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Wow, I think you should be very glad that he still lives at home with mommy and not live with you--- cause it sounds like he is immature and has some growing up to do.. Yes it is his life and if he does not like his job he has the right to quit..... BUT he should have been man enough to give 2 wks notice and not go in quit and that is it. It is not fair that the other employees are now stuck taking on his work/hours as well as their own. It also would have been a good idea to have a new job lined up before quitting the old one. As for leaving him If it were me, I would look long and hard at what he did, and what he does next-- -if he is active in looking for a job and gets one quickly I'd think about keeping him. If he stays home all day sleeping and doing nothing and letting mommy support him-- then I would dump him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• thats the way my childs father was he had like 4 or 5 different jobs and never told them he quit and just wouldn't show up bad thing is he lived with me and my mother at the time and I would have to pay for everything from the money I babysat with Sooo bad nothing ever got better just worse and guess what he still don't have a job now (he did but got fired started another one and didn't call and quit just didn't show up again) so I get no child support nothing out childs bday is the 16th and he can't even help buy her anything so sad
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Sounds like it was a good idea he did it while your still single and he still lives with Mommy. I'd start looking around now, just up and quitting with the way things are now a days esp. WOW. What if you had a home, bills and maybe a child or two. Your lucky he did it now.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't care where you work, you should give them two weeks notice or more it necessary. He's your BF and still lives his mom? That should say enough. Obviously, he wants somebody to keep him up. I'd get rid of him before he gets the chance.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2010