How do you get along with your mother-in-law?

Mine drives me up the wall! She is forever telling me how to do things and giving unwelcome advice. She calls all the time and feels free to stop in and stay for a while (days at a time) even though she only lives 30 minutes away. She lets herself into our house without knocking and gets upset that the door is locked when we aren't here.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't. I don't get along with any of my in-laws and I've pretty much removed them from my life. They had plenty of chances and I always turned the other cheek, but continued to hurt, disappoint, do and say horrible things to us, and have never once apologized and always try to blame everything on me. I don't need that in my life, so I chose not to any longer.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't see mine, seems to solve all the issues!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We see her next to never and like it that way

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We get along great!! She lives 1500 miles away and we only see her once or twice a year. Actually, we do get along pretty well, but our parents try not to get too involved with our family (mine live very close) unless we ask them to, and even then they try to stay outside of our stuff.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Mine is deceased, but when she was alive we rarely saw her. She was an older mom with lots of kids and really had no interest-sad really.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Just fine, I live my life and she................doesn't even exist in it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Mine lives in Washington. I don't like her. The few times I have been in close proximity to her have been bad ones. Tells me how to run my house, mean to my dogs, and invades my space and feels free to stay for weeks at a time and NEVER pays for her way to or from our house. THAT bothers me. I am glad we are on the other side of the country! I don't ever want to see her back in my house.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Wow thats crazy. My mother-in-law is great.
    rena_goldmoon

Answer by rena_goldmoon at 8:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• time to draw bounderies. I get along great with my mother in law, but she knows where her bounderies are. Plus, I live about 2 hours away, which is just far enough away to be close.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 8:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I love my MIL's. I have two as my DH's parent are both divorced and remarried for many, many years. They are both wonderful women. They are there if I need them but do not offer unsolicited advice, nor do that criticize me.

Now ask me about my mother......My DH has the right to complain about his MIL
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010