what are some comfortable ways to babywear a 23-lb 7 month old?

She's too heavy for a Moby now and I'm too poor for an Ergo.

New_Mummy83

Asked by New_Mummy83 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried wearing her on your back in the moby?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• time for a stroller me thinks! You'll throw your back out!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Goodness thats a big baby, but I bet she's cute. I am not too sure about that, the only thing I could suggest is a Snugli front/back carrier (I have one along with a moby) , but I am not sure how long it would last since it goes up to only 26lbs.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 8:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i agree with butterflyblue time for a stroller
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 9:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• @SleepingBeautee: how do i wrap it on my back?

@butterflyblue19: hahahahahaha lol!!! I think im close to slipping something back there!!!

@kanakake: ^__^ she is a cutie. Ill have to post some pics. yeah ive thought about either a snugli or infantino, but something bugs me about her dangling from her crotch with her arms like that :-/ I like the closeness of a wrap or sling. her weight has also steered me away from buying all kinds of baby gadgets....my lil pudgums lol
    New_Mummy83

Comment by New_Mummy83 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I wore my 27 pound 7 month old on my back and in one of those back pack contraptions.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• @baby1mom: she has 2, this is just for the moments when she needs to be close to me.
    New_Mummy83

Comment by New_Mummy83 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Check out one of the baby wearing groups on here. There are LOTS of slings and wraps that you can use with her. You may even be able to find an affordable ergo if thats what you like!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• babyhawk mei tai. the babyhawk is about $85, but you can find homemade ones for cheaper on etsy. my 8month old is pushing 20lbs and i can wear her all day in that thing. one of the best baby purchases i have made.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My DS2 is about 20lbs right now and I have a little sling that I can use to wear him on my hip iut's comfortable for me but I'm used to carrying big kids around so that might have helped. When I wear my DS1 in it I sit him on my back I could use it to perch him on my hip also but he actually prefers to ride on my back I think it makes him feel like he's riding a horse or something (he just turned two) but you know it's whatever keeps him quiet while I'm walking home from the park.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 2:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010