What can you do about swelling fingers?

I've never had swelling of anything. I kept the same ring size etc.. Have you? I've had Chemo since April. For the past 2-3 weeks my hands fingers have swollen. Can I do anything about that? Have you? Will this go away? Anyone know.. I always was a 4 1/2 to 5. How about you!?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• drink more water,eat less salt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• sorry im not sure about chemo.. but try maybe keeping your hands up if you can.... dont let the blood flow down into them.. like above your heart :) good luck hun!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Ask the nurses when you go for your next chemo treatment, it is probably a side effect of the chemo. Have you tried drinking more water and limiting salt? You could also try the American Cancer Society website and see if there are any helpful hints on there. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• maybe take niacin or some other diuretic??? l'd love to know the answer to this one myself.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010