baby shower dates for jan baby!

ok so im due jan 22nd, when would u have the baby shower...keep n mind christmas n thanksgivin breaks ppl go outta town!

LilStacy

Asked by LilStacy at 9:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well most people have the baby a shower in the last month. My sil had mine for 2 weeks before I was due, doing it that way the first or second weekend in January. They started talking about throwing me a shower this time, I asked that if they do to do it around the 6th or 7th month. Because for one last time I went into labor the night of my baby shower. So either the withing the first 2 weeks of January or sometime between late October and beginning of November
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The person who is hosting the party chooses the date, with your help, usually in the last month.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Considering the due date, I'd say maybe a week after Christmas.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I want to change my suggestion, I meant to say a week after the holidays, which would put it about Jan 8.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Early Jan
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The beginning of December.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• in oct that way its before the holidays or i would have it early nov
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• That depends, do a lot of your family live close? Or will there be people in town visiting who otherwise wouldn't be able to attend. If people will be around for the holidays have it between Christmas and New Years. If that isn't a concern for you, wait until the first week of January. Or do it a week before Christmas. I ended up having my baby at my one shower. I had a very early shower before we moved 1000 miles away (with military) then at the church we attended where we moved they threw me a shower. I had my son a month early, so the shower was moved to the next weekend and the baby was there for it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The beginning of Dec if it were me
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would choose the beginning of December as well. I think two weeks before the baby is due does not give youe nough time to get the things that you were hoping to get at the shower, but did not.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010