How can I get over him?

we have been broke up for like 3 or 4 weeks now so i called him to invite him to our childs open house at school she will be going to kindergarten so he went with us the whole time he was being so mean to me I had to fill out all kinda papers so i asked him to hold the stuff that was for us to take home he said really mean I am not doing anything for you....he didn't say anything else to me the whole night (my car was broke so his dad took us to the open house b/c he has a dui and cant drive) so his dad took our child out to eat after she said i wanna sit next to papa so she sat down then i sat in the other seat and he could't even sit next to me so she could sit next to her papa then i was asking him about her lunch and we didn't get her a lunch card and he woulnd't answer me at all how can i get him to act like an adult so we can be with each other for our child...I broke up with him b/c he stole from me drank all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• he just sounds like he is still pissed off at you .yeah he should be an adult for the childs sake .maybe you should try sitting down and talking to him with out your kid around and just explain to him that he is gonna have to deal with you for your dd.so he mind as well be a man and step up
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• 1. Stop calling him. Unless it has to do with visitation or child support don't talk to him. And when you do ask him the 1-2 questions you need to know, and hang up. Don't attempt to make small talk, don't attempt to control him.
    2. Rebound if necessary.
    3. Set higher standards for yourself.

I am not trying to be mean, but you need to find a guy that is not a complete dumbass. You can't make anyone act like an adult nor can you change anyone if they're not ready for it. GL!

<3
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• quit forcing him to be with you. you are just making him more angry. he can see the child without seeing you and it sounds like that's what he wants. u are giving him mixed messages and that's not good. u want to get over him but you want to be with him. do one or the other but you can't do both
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Go on as if you don't care, play a little hard to get. Why would you want a guy that drinks all the time, your young and if you need or want to start over do it now. If not, play hard to get and let him suffer and want to come back. When he wants to, let him know what the rules are before, he needs to grow up and be a man for that little girls sake, if not for yours.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• he's a dick. stop trying to play happy little family with him. he obviously has no intention of trying to be an adult - he couldn't be one when he was with you, and now he wants to blame you for ruining his convenient situation by refusing to continue to enable him. he is not capable of being an adult - he is a thief and an alcoholic. i know it's painful for you right now, but you have to do what is best for you and your daughter, which is to not interact with him other than what is necessary - i.e. you let him know about the open house, but you let him put forth the effort to show up and do it on his own and don't expect him to be there with you. this will only serve to confuse your child even more... also, let me suggest al-anon...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• He doesnt deserve you
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 11:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree totally don't call him unless necessary. Let him run you down for a while. If u have to drop your daughter off look damn good when you go over there.As long as you keep running him down he will give u his ass too kiss. Because he will feel that you need him so stop it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Another thing only if he doesn't have your daughter,when he calls don't pick up the phone. Let him think you have a life without him. You can call maybe a day later maybe 2 days. But let him think you don't need him or even think about him.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• He's got problems. Next time don't ask him to go with you. His immaturity is showing up loud and clear. When you consider asking him to go again to something, remember what happened. Then you won't make the same mistake again. If you go anywhere with him acting like that, you have two children to deal with. One is enough.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2010