Should I buy a cake? adult content

My late sister's birthday is the 10th of August. I miss her so much. I know it will rain that day because it rained on her birthday every year she was alive. Even the first year after her death, it rained. I may not buy a cake, but I have to do something to make her real to me again. Does anyone understand this?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I say buy a cake and even cut a piece for her!!! We miss the people we have lost so much why not share something so simple with them! I truely believe that they are still with us and watching over us! I lost my mom on March 17th and every day is hard to get through she is all my kids and I had so I say celebrate her birthday and tell her you love her! She may just send a sign that she is still here for you!!!!
    cjsblubird4

Answer by cjsblubird4 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• why dont you make a cake or cook her fav dinner that night
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Whatever you do she will always be real to you. Make a cake, eat at her favorite restaurant, cook her favorite meal, create some kind of tradition. It's therapeutic.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have not lost a sister, but a mom. My aunt disowned me, but did send my sister and brother flowers to commemorate her death/ my sister liked the idea, my brother was appalled and offended.

This is very personal to you and only you know the right decision.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• sure you can do what you feel is right- celebrate her LIFE! look at photo's of her or make a new scrapbook of you two. take flowers to her grave if she has one. release a balloon with a message to her and let it float up through that "rainy" day. Do what makes you feel good about celebrating her life!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Can you visit her grave with some flowers? Or have some favorite of hers for dinner or a movie, perhaps, or drive past her favorite place.

Answer by Bmat at 9:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I cannot go to her grave because it is in Massachusetts and I am in Alabama. I think I will do something for her children who are very close to me. Thanks all.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. Yes I think I know what you mean and I think you should do something to remember your sister and celebrate her life. What about getting together with family/friends and bring out photo albums, watch home movies (if you have any) and tell 'remember when' stories about your sister --funny things she did, things you did together and such. I know when I start missing my grandparents it makes me feel better to hear stories of them and remember the good times we shared.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The reason her death is more painful because she was in a nasty brutal marriage and her husband kept her away from us, her family and she had no friends. He died 4 years ago on Father's Day, after that she suddenly appeared back into our lives. We treasured her because we missed her so much. One month after she was reacquainted with us, she was diagnosed with Glioma, brain cancer. Three years to the day, she died on Father's Day, at the exact same time, at the same hospital. It was almost like he was pulling her away from us again. Sorry, for the tears. She was a phenomenal painter, artist, ballet star and she owned two major corporations. Both companies I sold and purchased a home for each of her children and set up a fund so they could go to college. I think that is what she would have wanted. Sorry, for the vent.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I lost a daughter and my other daughter insists we have a cake every year for her birthday, we also do it for her son. My husband and I have her favorite dinner on her birthday, just the 2 of us, we like to celebrate her life. Her death date we just try and ignore. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010