How can any woman/girl turn their back on their two week old baby.

I am a grandma raising my grand baby. I just can't get it wrapped around my brain how my stepdaughter or any female could just look the other way and think going out with guys and partying was more important then the baby.

dholbert

Asked by dholbert at 9:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• i cant even begin to try and anwser this because i could never walk away from my child i guess only the people who do it can actually sit down and anwser this one
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Because they are immature and maybe no one ever showed them love or taught them about responsibility. Just raise that baby and give it all the love and attention that you can. If you don't already, file for custody or guardianship of your grandbaby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree about making sure you have legal custody.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• simple frownIt's sad.... I don't understand either.... it's just like women who dump their babies in dumpsters.... it breaks my heart

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Are you sure she doesn't have postpartum depression. I have a friend that had it and she wanted nothing to do with her baby girl for the first month or so of her life.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i couldn't ever have done that I live with my mother and when my child was little I never ever left her my mom would tell me to leave and go do somethingshe would watch the baby I NEVER left her EVER like before she started prek last year I could count on my hands how many time i have ever left her in her life i still never leave her unless she is in school but she has NEVER had a babysitter only my mom them few times I went to the doc or store. (I babysit myself so I am able to stay with her and not work) You can never get that time back when they were little so you should spend all the time you can with them
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't get it either. It boggles my mind. Kudos to you for stepping up Grandma and helping. What a blessing you are.
    Dr.Pepper10

Answer by Dr.Pepper10 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, some people just have issues or aren't right in the head. My brothers wife was raised like this. Her mother and father brought her to our godparents (who we refer to as a set of our grandparents). Anyways, she was a few months old. And they brought her to my gramma to babysit while they went out for the night, they were friends with my aunt at the time. Well, my gramma had this baby for almost 2 weeks. Now this was the early 80s. So no cell phones, no clue where the hell they were. And they brought her with a few diapers and one bottle, nothing else. Dirty clothes. Needless to say, another woman her dad ended up marrying raised my SIL. My SIL calls her real mother mom as well as her stepmom. But weird my bro ended up with her. But because of this, my SIL isn't the brightest crayon in the box. She is a classic case of how environment can harm a person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Postpartum depression is one thing to not want to do stuff with child going out to party is just a sorry parent
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am a Foster Parent and I can relate. It is so sad to see the things parents can do. They can just give up their kids so that they can do whatever they want.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010