What do you think "your" party has done wrong? What has "the other side" done right?

The democrats have used to their majority to achieve their agenda. They chose Obama wisely. He's charismatic, an excellent speaker, and likeable.

John McCain while likeable was a poor choice for a presidential candidate. Sarah Palin was ill equipped to deal with the instant criticism she received. Her family situation while all too common and nothing to be ashamed of served as a distraction.

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 10:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What you said OP! :) Hold on to your hat though--the deluge is on the way...

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm sure. I'm also interested. It may be difficult for some to point out positive in the opposition.
    sopranomommy

Comment by sopranomommy (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Before I answer...are you asking what have the parties done right and wrong since O has been in the office or just this year or during the Bush years?
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 10:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You gave an insightful post! : )

My party had swayed more "right" in the last decade and it is only to pander for votes. Everyone has to be religious (or at least pretend for teh camera's). I would prefer more intellectual and less (feigned) religion.

The other party has done a wonderful of playing the noise game. They wil scream and holler and create fake scandals...by the time the truth comes out most just remember the initial scandal or parts of it...and that has worked in their favor.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think the dems have allowed its party to be "hi-jacked" by the progressives in democratic clothing. I think the repubs. had lost sight of their message and the platform. I think the repubs are trying hard to get refocused. I can't tell yet about the dems. They seem to be stuck with a broken rudder.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think all around each party, in their own rein of presidency made too many promises, left out too many details, and didn't factor in how impatient the people of the US are.

I haven't decided what I am yet so there it is.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• pvtjokerus it doesn't matter . you choose. There's so much mud being slung I wanted to turn the tables a bit
    sopranomommy

Comment by sopranomommy (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree with Jesse

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The Republicans only scream fiscal conservatism when it suits their agenda. Can't stand that.

The liberals are for gay marriage, which I believe is a violation of Constitutional rights.

I have real difficulty telling you what either side's politicians really believe... they all speak with the proverbial forked tongue.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Frankly, I am sick of both parties so here goes: Demos have done right by SO FAR keeping Cap and Tax from going thru. The Repubs ever allowing Nancy Pelosi to become the head of the House ( read between the lines ).
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 11:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010