I have couple questions for ballet mamas

First off my DD is 5 and we are signing her up for ballet in a couple weeks we know that for sure so we went ahead and bought a couple things today that she will need she has no color code. So we bought her a leotard that is black well the first question is are they supose to wear their undies with a leotard or is it like a baithing suit and you take the undies off? Then we bought her the skirt that is pink. Next week we are buying her the shoes and the tights should I buy those pink as well or a diffrent color? Also the tights I seen today were feetless are they supose to be that way? And one other question where do you buy the ballet shoes? Do you get the slippers or achual shoes?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have done ballet for 20 years and you wear spanx, with the ballet tights (very specific) get Danskin, and the leotard! Remember that she wears the tights under the leotard, that would be a huge camel toe..lOl Footless tights are for lyrical ballet which requires Gillies ( a open toes sandla like shoe . ( always have the toes covered).... At her age she will wear slippers! They are leather, and should not cost less then 45.oo. Ballet shoes (pointe shoes) will take her 10 years of twice a week practices to advance to! You can buy ballet slippers at most dance supply stores (look online)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You can have her wear her undies if you want. But it's not necessary. Definitely buy pink tights and shoes - get the slippers for shoes and get the feet in tights. You can get ballet clothes and shoes at a specialty dance store or at wal mart and sometimes at department stores.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I really depends on your dance instructer ours perfers to put them in foot undies at age 5 instead of the shoes and they also do not have to wear tights at all we only wear them when it is cold out and we do the footless ones
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i just made sure that 2 of the 3 matched in color between the leotard, tights, and shoes. but for shoes, you may want to wait and see what the instructor wants, i know where my dd went to dance class, there was a specific type of tap shoe that she wanted and we had to order it from the book she had so that they all matched for the final show. but for practices, i just used the little ballet slippers from walmart. and i always put undies on her during practice, but for the show the instructor asked for them to be off so that it couldnt be seen under the clothes.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Walmart...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2010