What is a good color of carpet?

We are fixing our home after water damage and I need to pick new carpet... I want something not shag length but not short and something easy to vacuum and soft. I also (since children are never messy! *rolls eyes*) want something that wont show stains. - I was thinking a rich chocolate brown color. (white walls btw) What do you think? -Would love to hear from some that have a nice brown and how they like it as well as others with other color opinions.

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 10:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have dark blue (navy) in the kids room and it hides stains well. I also have a deep red (burgundy) in our room, it does the trick as well. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I say no carpet is the best carpet, lol. Tile it all or get real hardwood floors.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree with itsallaboutthem, but if you go with carpet, darker the better:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My parents house had dark brown and it hid a lot of stuff.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Dark beige
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• While I have a house filled with old hardwood, that I love... I understand the carpet replacement issue, I'm thinking that the insurance company is replacing carpeting that already existed.. correct? I think you need to consider what room it is in. If this is a livingroom, what color is the furniture. If you put a dark color on the floor and white on the walls, the furniture should be an in between color so it doesn't get lost in the room. The floor color will determine everything else. That's why it is always good not to go the the extreme end of the color scale. To hide dirt and stains, I would actually recommend not a dark color, but a multi color blend. Today, the synthetic carpets are made to resist stains and such. Invest in a steam cleaner to help keep your new investment looking good! It is really worth it.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Mulit colored grey mix.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Black? Brown? Grey? idk i would go with hard wood IMO
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• we had this carpet that was a medium length, it was like a peppered look, it was mostly cream, and had specs of tan, brown, black and I could never tell where the stains were, which annoyed me come cleaning time
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yeah I agree with those that say to ditch the carpet and go with wood.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2010