You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope....I would love to have an open relationship with everyone, but I know I would love this child as my own. I have two adopted children...it is really the same bonding. I would watch out for my birth child, but trust another could parent my bio off spring fully~we are humans!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would do 50/50 with both children
    and slowly detach myself from the other baby, and attach myself to the correct baby and slowly move to have my rightful baby 24/7
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i would want to trade to get my own back...but would hope and pray that something could be worked out where both families could get together bc that would be soooo tramatic for everyone involved..oh i couldnt imagine
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would want to find a way to keep both kids in my life. There is no way I could give up a baby after having it and bonding with it for a year but I would also want my child in my life as well.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Nope.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Eh that is hard, the kid would be 1 and i would have so much love for it, On the other hand he wouldent be mine, I would want to know my son.....Maybe i would go to court so we each could get visitation rights...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oh wow. No, I couldnt do it.
    NewMommy0414

Answer by NewMommy0414 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No but I would do what a PP said and maybe do 50/50 or have visitations with my biological child. I could never give up a child I raised for a year.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• AWe it breaks my heart to even think of it my lil baby is 1 yr and 10 months and I couldn't love her any less if she wasn't mine I think in cases like this both parties would have to come to a mutual agreement on how things would be handled I mean the kids are bonded to our family as much as the family is bonded to them, my baby would not do well if she was taken from her big sister. She was totally distraught when my oldest spent the night away w/o her.
    m0ml0v3s2

Answer by m0ml0v3s2 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010