Would this piss you off too?

Tonight, my daughter had a recital where I was around my XH & his new wife (who he's been w for 2 yrs & I'm not familiar w but don't get along w). I kept to myself and my own family, but certain points of the evening really pissed me off w her. First, she makes sure my son was laid up on her lap right after I had him sitting on mine, and then she intentionall waited until the parents got quiet to tell me son she loved him. Then as we're leaving, she's sure to keep my son w her. Yea, I understand 'someone else cares about your kids' and all that, but I KNOW she was doing this shit to piss me off, like prove something to me and, my X & her like to play family w my kids...the 2 of them don't understand bounderies. I was there for my baby, so I kept it to myself, but it really, really ticked me off. Am I right to be offended by this or does it sound like I'm making too much of it?

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 10:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If she was doing it just to piss you off, then yes you have every right to be angry.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You have a right to be angry!!! I would be too
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 11:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• wow i would be really mad. i know what you mean
    shes trying to act like she must really care in front of your X
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I really can't say, 'cause I don't know you, but there's always a chance it felt like she was doing it to irk you when in reality she wasn't. I don't know. I think if she wasn't doing it to irk you, then try to brush it off, and if she WAS trying to get to you, then you just let her win by letting it get to you. I know, it's easy to say that. Either way, it hurts. I can't imagine another woman mothering my child!!! I don't know what you mean by them "playing family" but that is just reality. They are a family, whether you like it or not. :(. They are a mix-and-match family who must do their best with what they have. Look at it this way, if she HAS to be in your kids lives, be thankful she's loving on your kids and not snubbing them or being a snot to them. Sorry mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ehhh, if she was actually doing it to piss you off, allowing it to piss you off only rewards her. I'd just leave it alone.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yeah i would be angry then afterwords i would have been the bitch to walk up to her and say what the hell are u trying to pull your not fooling anyone
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't let it get to me... It sounds to me like she feels she has to work extra hard to get attention from your X... IMO, it's rather pathetic... And that's just how I would see it... No point in you getting upset - the only person it's hurting is you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• That bitch who do she thinks she is she did that to piss you off. Boy I know exactly how you feel.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have never been in this position but I absolutely hate women who are disrespective of the first wife! I have seen it from time to time. She is being immature if she is being anything less tham 100% respectful with you. Just hold your head high and DO NOT let it show one bit that she bothers you. It will drive her crazy! Maybe as she matures she'll grow out of it. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I know women in their 50's whom are still immature like this.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• How do you know she was doing it just to piss you off? I'm sorry, but women read to much into things some times. Sometimes you just want a baby snuggle. Maybe she was nervous around you, and instead of snuggling up to your ex, she thought grabbing the baby would be cool.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2010