When you die...

Do you want a funeral? (Religious or Secular)
What do you want done with your body?
Do you think there is a connection between what happens to your body and what happens to your soul/spirit?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't want a funeral. I want to be cremated and ashes thrown into the ocean. The ocean is the only place I feel at peace when I was going through hard times and I have always loved visiting it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't want a funeral really. I want people to celebrate my life, not mourn my passing, if that makes sense.

I want to be cremated, I just don't see the point in wasting all the money on a burial - casket, plot, etc.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I want to be cremated, I have a fear of being buried alive.. Funerals are for the living, so if they want one, go right ahead. I believe there is an afterlife regardles of what happens to my body after death.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I believe the minute you die, your soul leaves it, the body is just a body what happens to it doesn't matter in my beliefs. I want a religious funeral, and I really don't care to know or think about anything else about it, except that I pray everyone remembers me with love.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i wouldn't mind a memorial service of some kind, more of a celebration of my life..'coz i'm just that fabulous. lol...to be cremated (its cheaper, right?) and not have those 'left behind' feel obligated to visit my grave each year. i know i hate doing that, and don't usually, unless i happen to be at a graveside service at the same cemetary. i've given explicit instructions to anyone who would be memorializing me to NOT waste money on flowers..give them to me now, while i can actually smell them and enjoy their beauty--the dead know nothing! (IMO)
    and, the only connection i can see is the body is just a vessel for the spirit, and my spirit will leave once this vessel is worn out and useless, either decaying (if no one abides by my wishes) or charbroiled.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree with my grandpa to an extent just throw me behind the old barn it costs to much to die.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I personally don't care what happens to my body, I want the people I leave behind to do what ever is going to make them feel better about the whole thing. I think its what you do in life that matters as far as your soul goes. So if they want to bury me so there will be a place to visit "me" at then that's what they should do. However, if they want to have me cremated and throw my ashes somewhere that's fine too.
    ceemeefeemee

Answer by ceemeefeemee at 11:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• u might say u want people to celebrate but people that really love u wouldnt be able to.i would like to be cremated and thrown in the sea..BUT arrrr its hard to think bout that =/
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm an organ donor and have opted for creation. I don't want a funeral although I've told my family it would be up to them if they wanted something. Funerals are for the living, and some people need that for closure.

I really don't believe that what happens to my body matters as far as being a Christian.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I want a memorial ceremony (secular), I'm an organ donor (if possible) and following that I would like to be cremated and my ashes scattered at the cottage (favourite place to be.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010