35 weeks dialtion/ muscus plug/belly droppin help plez!!!!!

ok i jus turned 35 weeks today and i wanna know when do they start checkin to see if you are dialtin i went thursday and the jus swabed me to see if idnt have an inffection down there some women get that they have to give you medicine through the iv and also when do you or can you loose your musuc plug and like can you tell when your dialatin or your cerivix is thinning out ohh yea i go every week now also can it be that you may not even know you lost your mucus plug oh yea when do you usally drop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are no answers for any of those questions. It will happen when the baby is ready.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I lost my mucus plug during the night, I woke up at like 5 am..and at 7 contractions started....You can lose the plug a week before or even earlier. you can start dialating and not be in labor. I didnt dialate at all until i was in labor..and i still barely dialated lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• There is no surefire answer. If you want to be checked they will start checking usually around 36 weeks. But it is completely unnecessary, increases your risk of infection and AROM (artificial rupture of membranes) and your "dilation" tells you absolutely nothing. You can lose your mucous plug at any point and time. You could lose it now and not go into labor for another 7 weeks or you could lose it and go into labor within a few hours or you could be like me and not lose it until you start pushing your baby out after a 25 hour labor (didn't lose plug til AFTER labor started with both kids). Your mucous plug can also regenerate. As for dropping (baby engaging in pelvis, not the outward "dropping" of your stomach), that is another thing that varies. I didn't drop with my son til after labor started. My daughter dropped 2 weeks before I went into labor. It is all different for every woman and every pregnancy.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I got my memebranes stripped at 36 weeks 6 days, my doctor took my mucous plug out for me..... I had my son 4 days later... My friend's started to come out 2 weeks before she had her son... Everyone is different... Babies will come when they want too.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• So also, 35 weeks is a little early to be worrying about it... 37 weeks is full term.... They doctor started checking me at 36 weeks.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• like everyone else said it will happen when the baby is ready to come out try not to worrie right now enjoy your time befor your little one gets hear good luck
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2010