divorce?

why do you think so many moms on here say divorce right away when others are asking relationship questions?
example: my DH has been such an ass lately, he works non stop, doesn't help around the house, and he never says he loves me.
answers from 90% of moms: leave him he doesn't appreciate you.
what happened to working things out? opinions?

sammygrrlplus1

Asked by sammygrrlplus1 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I think what we are seeing is a lot of people simply don't know how to be in any kind of relationship. Marraige is very long term. You cannot even think of the short term. There has to be no "oh maybe if it doesn't work I will get out." Honey unless you are being abused physically or mentally you should stay. Why? It gets better. There are ups and downs, but most of the time you grow up together, you learn together, you fight together and things change together. People who believe in divorce and throw that up all the time...I don't think they have gotten to that part of the relationship where all the walls are down. Maybe we should have classes?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think abuse of any kind warrants divorce. Lazy husband, husband not paying enough attention to you/kids, husband going out with buddies, etc warrants talking to your husband, not strangers online.
    Anonymous

• Thats because there are no morols to marriage anymore. I know what you mean. My husband has been an ass lately too. Ignoring me, pushing me away, shit like that. America is too quick to jump to divorce as a first response. I don't know what to do, i have tried to talk to him and it doesn't work. But I am not running out to get a divorce right away.
    P.S. Being lazy around the house is not "abuse" coming from someone that used to be in an abusive relationship.
    Anonymous

• email me ortiz_chapina_2004@yahoo.com. I don't agree with the divorce is the answer either... email me. Thx.
    chapina69

Answer by chapina69 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You want me to email you, or the person asking the question?
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with divorce. Unless its abuse or adultery. Abuse isn't good for anyone and if my hubby is messing around that could cause me to get a disease. I hardly ever expect my hubby to do anything because he gets up early in the morning goes to work comes home in the evening and plays with the kids, helps with homework, and helps with baths. He is even upset that I don't want to pump for the new baby because he won't be able to help feed her when I am too tired. In reality I am afraid to pump because I did with my 2 y/o and she got thrush. Sorry went off topic. But, I don't have many complaints with my hubby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I love this question. I have been thinking the exact same thing. If possible I think we should offer other options besides a divorce. Way to go girl!
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would say that commuicating with your husband is the best way to solve your concerns. I believe the situation did not happen over night either so try going to dinner where he can't walk away and leave the room. Don't come out to strong either he might defense.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I have often thought the same thing on CM! Some days it seems there are two answers for every relationship question: Either a. he's cheating or b. leave him. It's as if a certain vocal group have had unhappy marriages and they are determined that no one else have a good one either. Not saying that is the case, but it gets that feeling some days.

Personally, I think divorce is a last resort. It should only be considered if there are no other options, such as abuse, etc.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• This country is so stuck on divorce. No body works at marriage anymore... Divorce is the only answer to people. They dont realize that its not always a fairytale, and you have to work, sometimes work really hard, to make it work. Also it is very easy for people to say things when they are not in the situation. People are very judgemental.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008