Im having some weird pain..

In my upper back. I woke up this morning and it felt like I was vigorously rowing a boat all night. I slept in my bed like I do every night. so nothing different happened. When I touch it (as far as I can reach lol) It feels like bruising. My lower back hurts like normal from being pregnant, but I have never had pain like I do in my upper back from doing nothing at all. Should I be worried and see a doctor or is this my body just being a douchebag? lol

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 11:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Health

• I just tweaked my back the other day. It's easy to do without realizing at the time and since your pregnant, the extra weight you're carrying can contribute to any strain you may have. If it continues to be bothersome after a few days you should have a doctor check you out.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• How far along are you? I don't think I would go to the doctor unless it persists or gets unbearable (just me, I hate going to the doctor!), but if it would make you feel better, go for it. If you're close to term, it could be teh beginning of labor, I suppose, although I've never heard of symptoms like that. Everyone is so different!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Im only 23 weeks, and its not crippling pain, it just feels like Ive been working out like an animal lol
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I had this too around 20 weeks. It was a nerve caught between my muscles. I used a heating pad and it took 3 days for the pain to disappear. I could barely take a breath, that's when it hurt most.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 11:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If you're worried, call the doctor. I always recommend that. Hope you feel better soon!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• if your doctor oks it ......try massage therapy, its great on muscle pain.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010