A question about god, so don't answer if you going to get all puffy. It's something I've always wondered but no one has ever answered it.

What I have always wondered if god loves ALL of his children why can't he love homosexuals? Isn't loving someone also excepting them for who they are? Why can't god except that some of his children are homosexuals?

Please no tip toeing around the answer if you can't answer move on.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Religious Debate

• He does love all of his Children including homosexuals- those that say otherwise are misinterpreting his word to fit their own need.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Who said God doesn't love homosexuals?
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I believe God loves homosexuals just like He loves everyone else! Just like he loves me. I don't believe that a homosexual lifestyle is in accordance with God's will, but neither are a lot of things. If there's anything that's clear in the Bible, it's that we are ALL sinners, and God loves us no matter what!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• 1) Not everyone is a child of God. God's children are those who have accepted His gift of salvation and have been birthed in to the family of Christ.
    2) God does love everyone, thats why He sent his only begotten Son into the world to die for us.
    3) While He does LOVE everyone, He doesn't love their sin. Just like you can love your own child and hate the things they do, God can love us, and hate the things we do.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• God did send his son to replace the feelings of loss, or left outness in life. I am in confusion at times, that he would hate some things like he says all murderers, and whoremongers, and those who are in just for themselves meaning only getting out of life what's good for them, but we are in some ways all like all of these, if we hate or argue, we are supposed to forgive, or just go make some nice thing happen again. But to just hate homosexuals, he doesn't hate the person, only the action .... so he must not like what we are doing, or he would not have sent his own son to make it up to us as we can't control this behavior.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Here's my thought on the matter as to the people that say they're going to hell because God doesn't love them:
    When your child does something they shouldn't, do you stop loving him/her? Even the mother who's son kills someone and goes to prison, she still loves him! It doesn't matter what people do, God loves everyone. Even if being gay were a sin, he'd still love the person the same.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My bishop growing up when he found out my aunt was gay said she lives in sin and god will never love her. Also from what I see other posters say on here
    Like soyousay said, people say things like that to fit their own agenda. people like to pick apart the Bible to make it fit what they believe. That Bishop is doing a disservice to God, not serving Him.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• As previous posters have said, God does love everyone. He just doesn't love some of the choices that people make. Being a homosexual is against His plan and wishes because homosexuals can't be fruitful and multiply (or at least not the way He intended us to), but it doesn't make Him love a person any less. Sometimes people throw the words of the Bible completely out of context, and it's due to different interpretations. That's why I think it's best for people to read the Bible themselves so that they can have their own interpretation and know in their own heart what is right. Everyone sins, and that means that nobody on earth should be judging others for their sins. I don't know where the line is between having a strong opinion and being judgemental is though. I, like many others, sometimes come across as being judgemental, when really I am just opinionated. It's a work in progress though.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Also, it was wrong of the Bishop to say that, because he should know better than most people, that it is not his place to determine who is going to hell for what. It's a shame that a man in his position is representing Christianity with such harshness.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Do you stop loving your children when they start misbehaving and doing things that bring about a negative consequence? No...and neither does God...but he also expects love to be returned which is the only true way we can show we respect and care about His expectations from us. He wants the best for us..but ultimately, it's up to us to choose His way or are own..and taking our own way never brings satisfaction to us..nor God.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2010