soccoer question?

Ok my son was playing upstairs yesterday and fell off his bunk bed ladder. Well i took him in today his hand was swelling. And the way he landed he ended up breaking his wrist. The doctor told me it would be 6 weeks before it healed and he is supposed to start soccer practice soon. He has been looking forward to this for a long time. I feel so bad for him will they let him sit out until he can play?

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Talk to the Doc.. usually you can wrap the cast with foam and he can still play. But he has to have a doctors note to make it legitimate!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'd say it would depend on your league and if you can get the doctor to consent. Your league might have rules against playing with a hard cast on, ours did.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• We went through this 2 yrs ago. My daughter had already had a few soccer practices of her own & was at her sister's soccer practice. She was kicking a soccer ball with my husband & the ball hit her wrist. It began to swell so we took her to Urgent Care & found out it was broken. The 1st soccer game was in just a few days. She was not able to play & she was very disappointed. I called her coach & told her what had happened. Her coach happened to be a doctor. Once she got rid of the sling & was put into a cast, the coach allowed her to practice with the team. She couldn't do all of the things, but she could practice most things. She was not allowed to play any games though. She was in the cast for several weeks. When it was taken off, there were just a few games left. The coach wrapped her wrist with an ace bandage & allowed her to play the last of the games. We were very nervous though because kids fall so much during soccer.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You will just have to check with your doctor and if it is not okay there will alaways be next year!Poor little guy:(
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2010