upset over jewelry?

my dh is looking to buy me some jewelry-i am not sure what exactly, but i know it's tiffany's. we are on a budget and we have alot of things that the money we could be used for, however it's at tax return and it wouldn't put us in the hole just be our extra money. i am not crazy aobut the idea....would you get upset over jewelry too or am i alone on this?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We don't do expensive gifts here. I don't particularly care for jewelery, and prefer words to stuff anyhow. My husband knows he'd be kneecapped if he spent a lot on anything for me, particularly if I felt the money could be better spent elsewhere --and there is always an elsewhere (household, car, travel...)
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm not into jewelry and DH rarely buys me gifts, so this is defenitely not a problem for me, LOL! But I would have to say I'm with you. Can't you simply tell him you'd rather something simple and you're so glad he's thinking of you? If he doesn't listen to that, what's the deal?!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'll prefer to save the money
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would save for something you both could enjoy
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'd prefer to save the money and put it towards something useful, rather than have a new shiny trinket. I understand where you're coming from.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 11:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i would rather pay my bills then i could get good night sleep
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• save the money u never knw when u will need it
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My DH loves buying jewelery for me, it makes him happy. (He has a girl from Tiffany that calls him when they get something new in that it's the style of things he's bought previously for me.) I think it's sweet that your DH wants to do that for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• that's really sweet... but if you're just going to be upset about it give him an alternate choice. mine would be a vacation / outing instead so we can both enjoy it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010