WILLIAM AYERS

O.K. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY WILLIAM AYERS (THE TERRORIST) CAN BE A PROFFESSOR, WHY IS HE NOT LOCKED UP AND WHY IS HE ALLLOWED TO TEACH? I DON'T KNOW THE STORY OR REASONING BEHIND THIS, PLEASE EXPLAIN IF YOU KNOW. THANKS.

iloveprater

Asked by iloveprater at 7:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It happened 30 years ago, he did go to jail and pay a fine, and as far as I know, the last time he had any real big thing come up was in 2001 right after 9/11 when he said he wish he had did more. Not sure about the teaching thing.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• GOING TO JAIL AND GETTING BACK OUT AFTER A TERRORIST ATTACK AND THEN TEACHING, THIS COUNRTY IS SCREWED UP!
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 7:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• The reasoning behind it is that McShame's camp is desperate.
    Anonymous

• TO ANONYMOUS:

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA OR MC CAIN RIGHT NOW I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHY HE IS OUT AND TEACHING? HOW CAN THIS BE?
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 8:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i agree with you iloveprater . the only thing I can think of is that since the charges were not "serious" and because it was so long ago, they are ok with him teaching because he is a "great teacher" and he has done "good things" to "redeem" himself because people do change afterall (this is what I have been told by liberals even though he must not have change that much if he is not sorry for what he did). I don't know anything about the college he teaches it but since they employ him it is probably extremely liberal and supports Obama.
    Anonymous

• He got off on a screw up with the investigation. Plain and simple--the system let him go:-( He is not sorry and was Obama's first political supporter.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• he was never convicted of terrorism. akin, are you suggesting that Ayers is doing anything criminal now, or do you just not have a problem with double indemnity?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• maybe because this is a country of second chances?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have a problem with him being free and around kids
    iloveprater

Answer by iloveprater at 8:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• he's a COLLEGE professor. He teaches education. and we're supposed to lock up people now because you want them locked up?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008