sleep

I am always tired. All I want to do is sleep but when the time comes my eyes just won't stay closed! What's up with that?

zadesmom1998

Asked by zadesmom1998 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you have bad insomnia. Id' say if its that bad, see if your doctor will refer you to asleep specialist.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Over-tired is usually the culprit.

When you go long past tired enough to sleep, your body ends up filled with stress hormones. Those hormones don't clear out of your body right away, and leave you ragged and unable to relax.

Strangely, the solution is not to go to bed earlier (although that may help, too), but to get up earlier and take naps. At least twice a day. Not for very long, about 40 minutes is enough. If you're working in the daytime, nap at lunch for as long as you can, and plan to nap again after you get home. If you plan ahead, you can have dinner cooking while you sleep and eat when you wake up.

After a few days of a much better balance between activity and rest, you'll find it easier to relax at night.

You may like to get your iron levels checked, and possibly your thyroid... but the agitation when you attempt to sleep sounds more like too much doing and not enough resting, to me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I am the same way. I dont know what it is. When im at work im that way...i think its just because I dont wanna be there. Maybe its just that we wanna be relaxed. im sitting n bed now with the laptop on my lap feeling tired but just wont go to sleep.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 11:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• do you exercise regularly? I sleep much better when I am getting my exercise!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 12:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Could you possibly have sleep apnea? You fall asleep easy when you are in a more upright position, but when it comes to laying down, you can't sleep. Or the alternative is insomnia.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2010