i need to talk to moms with kids who have adhd

anything help i am pulling my hair out behavior problems

jenb526

Asked by jenb526 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Here is a good page that helps with ADHD symptoms - http://www.ehow.com/how_2221578_calm-adhd-symptoms.html.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There are some good adhd groups on cafemom. My best friend has an adopted kid and she had to go on meds because of the kid, that's how bad the situation was after she tried doctors, medicines, alternative things, diet change, special teachers you name it. Then I told her to join Cafemom and she found a lot of help in one of the groups here and said that things are looking much better now and she is off the meds (the mother is).
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 12:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That is why I came to CM but it turned out to be AS. try this group they are really supportive and they have been there.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• The only thing I've found that really helps my son besides the meds is lots and lots of exercise and very little sugar!
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 3:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/. You may also want to explore how foods affect behavior, either from the Feingold Organization (www.feingold.org) or another source. We eat a "clean" diet; no processed foods, no chemical additives, no meat, very little dairy
    My daughter's attention issues were helped dramatically by fish oil supplements (though we have since switched her to hemp oil). It is important to use a good brand, like Nordic Naturals; it takes about 8 weeks to become effective. We recently discovered that magnesium supplements also help.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i give my daughter drops its called calm child you can get it at any natural food store it has worked for me now my friends son is on meds and it helps him out alot
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I thought I was the only one..!!! My oldest (who is almost 12) has ADHD, and it's been an ON-GOING battle since she was 6! We get alot support for her at school with her academic problems, and I finally found a pediatric neurologist that we like who has prescribed her something that seems to be working (she has only been on it for two weeks). You need to first speak to your pediatrician, and get the resources from them to see where you have to go next. It's a process, let me tell you......Good luck!!!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i agree with the other ladies...good luck...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my biggest problem is the anger and behavior and listening with out me to have to repeat my self with everything serious or not my kid is grate but i am at a point i cant cope i am not just dealing with him but his dad who we are not with each other any more but seen the signs with our son when we were still with each other his dad has abused me mentally and phiscally and still his
    jenb526

Comment by jenb526 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2010