• In the Spotlight:

My baby is five months old. She was doing great at sleeping, but just this past week she has started crying in her sleep. She isnt' hungry and she isn't waking up and crying. I have tried everthing. I don't have any ideas on what to do. I am not getting any sleep because she is doing this almost every hour at night. Please help.

magster18

Asked by magster18 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like growing pains...yes it hurts to grow - or teething. I think some baby motrin should help... or teething tabs - they're orgainic and all natural - impossible to OD with, but just one should be enough plus they work almost instantly.
    Bjjazzy

Answer by Bjjazzy at 7:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• could be anything that is bothering her... I would guess teething though. It could even be gass or even a diaper rash. Do you sleep with her? It may help soothe her.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Wow... I could have written this question myself, and was just about to lol. Same deal with me. Shes 5 months old, been sleeping 12-13 hrs per night, but now she is crying out. The last week or so I have been going in there and rocking but it really doesnt seem to help (weird, cause I can always soothe her). Anyways last night I let her cry a couple times and she only cries for a few seconds and goes back to sleep. Weird, let me know if you find anything out.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I always sooth my baby too, But it doesn't seem to help. No I don't sleep with her. She sleeps in her own crib. All I know is that I am sooo tired I really can't function. I was thinking about calling the doctor to see what she said but I don't know if that is a good idea or not.
    magster18

Answer by magster18 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I am setting an appt for tomorrow. I would if I were you just because it is so out of the ordinary.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It's teething I can almost guarentee it. Same thing with my girls...baby tylenol and some love should do the trick.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 12:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Maybe it is teething, but also keep in mind night terrors. My nephew has them at 7 months and the doctor said it does happen to a lot of babies between 4 and 9 months. Lots of snuggling and kissing from mom when he cries out helps him, but sometimes his mom finds it easier to fully awaken my nephew and let him refocus and then puts him down to bed. The waking has started to subside when she does this.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 3:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008