Does anyone have a family member living with them?

My mom is living with us until she gets back on her feet. At first it was okay but now its getting to me. I have not lived with her since I was 15 years old that was 13 years ago. She left my brother and I for her boyfriend. That's a whole another story but I forgave her .She is making my house feel like its hers. She is here all day everyday, she does help out with cleaning but I am ready for her to move out already. Has anyone else felt this way or am I just being selfish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh... well... I moved in with my parents for a short time, but I couldn't do it for very long. i was about ready to shoot myself after a few months. I think it's a completely different relationship when you live with your family. The dynamic is different then when you moved out.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 12:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i have two adult kids living with me and i love it they both work and help around the house when ever they can yes there is a time we all wish they were on their own but with hard times we help each other instead of being mad at mom sit and talk
    talk about the past ask your mom what she wants out of life and listen to her.don't judge her .yes she has made mistakes.and she lives with them every day what she done to you and your brother.give your mom other 3months then ask her to leave on good terms not in anger
    you both need to grow it will take time and you will like your mom in the end good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yes my dad is reitired and moved in to help me with the kids, at that time my DH was working graveyards.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• And I know how you feel , while I apriciate his help I wish he would go somewhere for a few hours a day so I can have some alone time, our house is never quiet with 3 adults and 2 kids here .
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes,i live in a joint family
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010