I'm headed to Wal-mart & need a cheap gift for a boy turning 1...any suggestions?

mommie2mommie

Asked by mommie2mommie at 12:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Clothes. Warm PJs that will fit him when the weather gets cold. LOL! Ok, I'm just saying that because my DS is almost one and that's what we're out of. We've gotten through almost all the babyshower clothes and I'm going to have to start buying him clothes. He has no PJs for the next size! Then again, what I REALLY want for him this winter is another bear bunting like the one he had last winter. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• MegaBlocks! They are great for 1s and last a long time. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• How about wooden blocks? Or a 'phone' or 'cash register' Fisher Price type toy, something interactive. Or one of those 'hammering benches' with pretend tools?
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• One of those lil bus things that he can ride/ my kids loved them
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Those flashlights that are in the shape of an animal and make noise? They just have to grab the handle and not actually push any buttons.
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:35 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My 1 year olds always loved balls even my daughter. Cheap easy and usually a hit otherwise bubbles are cheap and they love to chase bubbles at that age.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Personally I think it's a waste of money to buy things if he doesn't need them. I'd buy a savings bond and a ball. They always love balls and the savings bond would be for his future. He'll appreciate that when he's older

Answer by admckenzie at 12:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Thx, ev1, for the help...I have sum great ideas now!
    mommie2mommie

Comment by mommie2mommie (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Walmart sells megablocks that come in little cars. There's a tractor, a dumptruck, etc. My son loves his. It was only like 5-20 dollars.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2010