I have a 6 year daughter that likes to go without clohtes. If we have company, she still wont, she'll cover up. This has been going on long enough. Can someone tell me what to do or what is wrong ?And when she does wear clothes, she' wont wear underwear. If she wears a dress or skirt she will but thats it.

help with 6 year old daughtere

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• okay, you need to set some ground rules because that habit could get her in some trouble and then some. there are some seriously sick people out there. you should limit her running around naked space to her room and the bathroom. and explain that its inappropriate to be naked in company.
    btw...there are some people who would call social services saying that bad things are going on there with that. so i'd get it under control before hand. jma.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Look up Sensory Integration Disorder. Its really not uncommon - everyone has quirks that are are rooted in sensory integration: shirt tags, nylons, boxers vs. briefs, etc. See if sensory integration disorder matches up in other areas too.

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:49 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I was going to suggest SID, but gotoyourmoms beat me to the punch. My daughter has that, and upon closer inspection of myself, I might even have it to some degree too.

Answer by tressa260 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2008