Would you like to see Prop 8 go before the Supreme Court to be decided?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, I'm against same-sex marriage, but I did not vote for prop 8 because I just don't feel right limiting what someone else believes is right because I believe it's wrong. Personally, I don't care what happens with prop 8, because ultimately I do not believe it will stand. The gay agenda is too strong, and it will prevail.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes--equal rights means equal rights, period. Discrimination based on sexual orientation, specifically the exclusion from marriage, is not correct and needs to be fixed.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I believe this is a state issue. It should not go to the Supreme Court, it should be voted on by the voters. Oh, wait, the voters in CA DID vote on this, and their votes were thrown away. They were told that their vote did not count, and that THEY did not count.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Anon, peoples civil rights should NEVER be put to a vote, period.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It was not right to allow a homosexual judge to preside over a case that he was clearly biased on. He should have recused himself due to conflict of interest. He had no right to overturn the votes of over 7 million people.

The homosexuals hi-jacked the civil rights forum in order to further their agenda. Even Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke out against this in Atlanta, GA yesterday.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 6:33 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

And prop 8 is not biased???civil rights should never be up for a vote! where your rights up for a vote?

Answer by older at 8:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'd like to see Prop 8 burn in hell.

It's not a states rights issue...the government, state or federal, has no right to tell you who you can marry
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Sounds like some poor bigots are feeling butthurt that they didn't get their way. lol Prop 8 was a disgusting piece of trash as are those who forced it though with their lies. Equal rights for all.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You don't get the right to decide who someone else marries. Especially based on religion. Unless you want to wake up one day with a law that we all have to cover our hair, or dance naked under a full moon, you'll live and let live.

You don't HAVE to believe gay marriage is right. If you believe it's a sin, then don't marry a gay. Problem solved. It doesn't affect you in one way or the other.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• That's where it should be since the wishes of the 7 million who voted for it were thwarted. It will be whether or not you want to see it there or not. I'm pretty sure it will be upheld 5-4 also.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2010