Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you lived in government housing?

I live in "housing", in a twinhome...every night my 18 yr old neighbor and his buddies have bonfires and get drunk, the next morning there are cans everywhere and boxes from the beer thrown in the bushes.
The mother does not care one bit...she is a psycho drunk on drugs.
Should this activity be reported?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • Yes it should be reported. Im not sure if you talked to the neighbor yet about it but if you have and thats still not working go to the housing office about it. That should not be happening at all. I wish i could live in government housing paying a little bit of rent every month. These people should be happy there living so cheap and stop taking advantage or get out.

    Answer by apiegurl at 9:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • report them to the housing authority (or what ever it's called where you are, you know the place where you put in your application)

    yes, it definitely violates the rules of the gov. public housing! I used to live in them. The trash in the yard for one was a big issue that we could get fined for. The noise too.

    Heck, call the non emergency # for the police and report the noise violation if they are keeping you awake or waking up your kids.

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Yes...but make sure the neighbors don't know it was YOU that reported them. They could make things really difficult for you.

    Answer by Fallaya at 1:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Call the cops, government housing or not.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • yes it should be

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • It's underage drinking.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • umm. yes, yes it should be!

    Answer by mama2three717 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Go tell the cops or call them...

    Answer by mekarevell at 2:33 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Yes it should be reported. Maybe they can get help.

    Answer by Princess7777 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

  • Yes it should sorry you live there and pray you move somewhere better sooon

    Answer by Truelove77 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010