how could he leave?

my aunt invited us to a surprise bday party for my uncle. we get there and r having a good time. about 30min in my dad says he's leaving to go on a date! ugh! this is suppose to be his fav brother! the last 2 family events for his side it was just me, my hubby and kids that went cause my sis didnt want to and he went on a date. i hate that he does this! and what makes it worse is that tomorrow is the 3yr anniversary of my mom passing. so yeah i'm pissed and i get why mom stopped going to all events for his side. he didnt want to go so why should she. i'm tired of being the only one from our family that shows up and then i have to make excesses for him! so how do i tell him that?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Just like you told us.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 1:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• its crazy i know what you mean
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• It is messed up. And he should not have left for no date. The dated could have waited. until later or another day

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i agree with icanbeabitch (great name! lol) the only way he'll really know is if you're up front about it. don't worry about being rude because he's shown that he isn't concerned with manners.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:39 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can go if you choose to go. There is no harm there. He's just making himself look bad. Don't make any excuses for him. He can make his own.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• do you go to these bparty because want to or because it's your duty .think about it you said your mom never went so why are you and about your dad he could brought his date it is his family right well then don;t make excuses for your dad family they know him bye now
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Just tell him the truth and that he's embarrasing you, he's an adult he shd act like one.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• you are not responsible for his actions. if you want to go, go. you don't need to make excuses for your dad... it's up to him to choose to explain or not why he isn't there or isn't staying - it's got nothing to do with you. my husband doesn't like to participate in family gatherings as much as he can possibly get out of them... it irritates me sometimes, but that's just who he is. what irritates me more is when my sister starts carrying on about how he doesn't want to come over every time she wants to hang out and sing karaoke (which hubby hates).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I agree with the pp who said to just tell him like you did here. I think it's good for your children to see extended family, I had that growing up, but we lost touch as adults and my children don't even know their cousins on my side of the family. Whether your dad chooses to go, I think you should.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010