So you know how you find awesome little treasures in your kids' pockets....

well this wasn't in any pocket!

The wind was blowing today. Hard. So hard, it blew the screen out of our basement window! I had had the window open. (its a basement! it needs to get some air flowing around somehow, yeah?)

I have been gone all day. All day. with that window open.

THERE. IS. A. FROG.
A green jumpy frog staring at me. I freak out! its not real!! is it? no it is. It moved. it blinked. It f****ing croaked! oh yeah, this creature is alive.

My 4 year old son is having a blast poking it with everything. I am wondering, how in the hell do I catch it? & then get it out of here.
So, I scour through all the toys. Nothing that will work. I grab the kitchen colander. It fits through!! aaaagh! I grab a mini crate I have in the bathroom, voila! Instant frog cage. I then tape (yes, tape. clear, gift wrapping tape!) the bigger slots.
A frog is caught with a mini crate taped in.
What do I do with it now?<

Ellie19

Asked by Ellie19 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• aww poor froggie. take it outside and let him go
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• let it go away from your house lol. poor you i love that stuff i woulda picked it up and put it outside for ya :P
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• i don't know, but that's funny! i'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though. maybe you could keep it for a couple of days and feed/water it? your son could see how to care for it -look up online how to make a good habitat for a frog? after a few days i'd probably let it go.
    specialk16

Answer by specialk16 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• well obviously I am going to let him go! hahahaha! What in the hell am I going to do with a frog?! Test the 'Kiss the random amphibian to see if he turns into royalty?' theory? no thank you...

I'm leaving him trapped until morning, when my husband gets home. He doesn't believe me! Even though I have taken pictures! lol!
    My thing is, he is trapped. On the carpet, under the mini crate. lol! I can't figure out how to carry him out, without actually touching him. hahaha!
    I'm not scared of the tiny amphibian! I just really don't want to touch him. haha!
    Ellie19

Comment by Ellie19 (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• frogs dont always live well in a house... i myself would get rid of him right away so he doesnt die from trauma
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I was going to suggest kissing it lol but since you ruled that out....
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Sounds like a tree frog. They are pretty fast and jump pretty far. throw a wet towel over it and grab him tht way and take him back out doors... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'd let him go quick! Poor little guy could dry up... then you have a dead dried up froggie to deal with and maybe have to explain to your son why its not moving anymore... never fun
    Jend555

Answer by Jend555 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• oh geez... I feel like such a tardbucket. hahaha! I'm not scared of the poor frog, I just didn't want to touch it! lol!

Well I caught him! lol! & then trapped him in a shoe box. I had a very hard time coaxing him into it. What a sight it would have been... me the foul mouthed sissy la-la trying to coax this little amphibian into a shoe box, with a wooden spoon...

& we then drove to the nearest park, where there is a pond, & we let him go free! hahaha!

I'll have to put up a couple pictures. lol! he was a mean looking little frog...
    Ellie19

Comment by Ellie19 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2010