Should i still have a babyshower even though my son may not survive?

I have been struggling with the issue of having a babyshower. i want to but a couple of my friends and family think that others will think that we are using them to get things, but i dont see it that way. i see it as still holding out hope that levi may survive. i just want to do things that a mother in a normal pregnancy would do. ?

DMoorman

Asked by DMoorman at 2:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• understandably it may require some explanation... i dont think i would but if you want to yes then you can... its not bad. especially the reasons u r giving
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would definitely continue to have the baby shower and I hope to see pictures of Levi posted on cafemom!
    VoteForThiago

Answer by VoteForThiago at 2:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Most definitely. Tell people not to send gifts if it makes you more comfortable.
    JDBacon

Answer by JDBacon at 2:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• yes think positive have one =)
    stay strong girlie
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 2:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Oh yes. Keep going with the pregnancy as everything is normal and hope and pray it all works out for the best.

Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• thank you all so much. this has been so stressful for me and the suppourt is amazing! love all of you.
    DMoorman

Comment by DMoorman (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• He still deserves a shower :) So if god willing (i will pray for him) he makes it he has everything he needs!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yes, it would be a celebration. Think positive through this. Just ask people not to bring gifts. It will help you you out. I hope Levy and you the best <3
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 3:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• This one is up to you, Think about how you will feel if, tragically, the baby doesn't make it and you have all this baby stuff around your house you're looking at. Without trying to sound insensitive, what if, in lieu of gifts, people gave you Target gift cards? Either way, this would be a blessing to you during this time. This is such a sensitive and intimate time for you either way. You deserve a celebration, just think about how you will feel either way, after the fact. Some people even have their showers AFTER the baby comes. Good luck to you, and I pray your baby stays healthy and well.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 4:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Oh,Sweetie,
    I am so sorry. It may be too difficult for your friends to put on a brave face,not because they don't love you but because they are so sad and scared. I am sure it has nothing to do with helping you get your baby needs met. If you don't have a shower before the birth have a welcome home shower(we did that for my dd). It was great,and ppl came and met our baby,so it was truely for her! I also thought the idea of gift card was nice;) Best Wishes to you and Levi!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2010