IUD question

So I had my IUD in for a month and was always bleeding and cramping, finally I took it out, And when I took it out I bled like I was on my period, unlike before it was more like heavy spotting. And well my period like bleeding went away after 4-5 days, and now its been a while and should be starting my period. Do you think that my IUD did changes to my body that fast that I would skip a period. I have also taken two pregnancy test both negative. So I am just waiting on the visit.

teddybear3163

Asked by teddybear3163 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Health

• Not sure which one you had... If its copper or Mirena.

Yeap I sure do believe it was from the Mirena IUD. I had one, hated it. Bled the entire 6 months I had it. However, if you did manage to get pregnant on it, it could kill your unborn baby... So I'd definitely be a little concerned if your period doesn't start soon, however it can take 6-8 weeks to get your period after having IUD removed.

When it doubt though, do call your doctor.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it all depends i have mirena and has worked wonderful
    maybe ur gyno he might of put it wrong
    thats very weird u should call 4 a check up
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I had the mirena.
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• @ OP.

Yeah my Mirena experience wasn't very good. I got it about a month after my daughter was born. I had lost most of the pregnancy weight and was back into my normal clothes. Once I got Mirena, ballooned up to 190 lbs, hair falling out, headaches, depression, acne all over, etc. I was bleeding the entire time and I am a chronic anemic so it made me really sick. I was also very emotional all of the time.

After 6 months of that I got it removed. Got prego 2 months later and had a miscarriage at 19.5 weeks. Having an IUD can increase your chances of miscarriage, so I definitely blame it on Mirena. I am so glad to have that thing out of me. So, as you can see the Mirena caused numerous complications for me and most appeared within the first 2 months of using it. I fully believe the Mirena can be the culprit of your problem. I am concerned if you're pregnant or not, and when you got prego.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• @ OP again.

As with any birth control, it does take Mirena a little while to get out of your system. However it is possible to get pregnant right away. The hormone in Mirena is called progesterone btw.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:27 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• But at the same note, I've been using the dollar tree pregnancy test, should I take a different one? Just got the one from dollar tree because its cheap, but I can get a different one to see if its not just the test. Not really wanting my period, but it would be nice to know whats going on with my body.
    teddybear3163

Comment by teddybear3163 (original poster) at 3:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I'd take a digital one honestly. They always work for me great and are often times able to detect pregnancy up to a week earlier.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:33 AM on Aug. 8, 2010