I had DHS called on me i want to know how you can find out who it was that called on me?

Someone called DHS on me for child neglect, child abuse, and here's the kicker drug abuse. I am on disability at 36 years old because I have mental issues because a long history of drug abuse. I haven't done drugs since I was 28. I never leave my house and take medication for my condition but I want to know how a person can find out who called on me? I hope someone has the answer to my question if so please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

sandieroot

Asked by sandieroot at 3:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I called on a woman i was babysitting for back when i was 16. She figured it out it was me...you see one day when i was babysitting i went to put the 1 yr old down for a nap and found a few nails in the baby's crib ( she had 5 kids under 7 her house was a mess). I told her what I found when she got back, well after a few mire times babysitting i didn't like what I saw. for instance she would be on the couch and yell up to her 7 yr old to fill the bath tub and put the babies in it, meaning the 2 yr old twins and the 2 yr old. then there was other signs of neglect.
    well the social worker told her everything I had reported, the woman put "2 and 2" together and realized only I could have known these things.. The mom forgave me and told me that next time I have issues with her parenting just talk to her about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can't as it's confidential. Though usually you can pinpoint it down to just a person or two depending on what the report was about.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can ask the worker & see if they tell you. If the person didn't leave their name or depending on your state laws they won't tell you. Its usually the one you suspect.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• you cant...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• u cant find out
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• im pretty sure you cant find out. get this i had a call against me from someone from a myspace group. a complete stranger. thats all i was able to know. they tracked me down using IP address. it was freaky weird! beware!
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 3:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Usuallly you cant know for sure, but like others said look around you can figure it out.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You can't find out, it's confidential. They may not have even given their name to DHS. Cooperate with the investigators, they will figure out soon enough that you've been wrongly accused. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it's confidential but don't worry about it if the accusations aren't true. long story short: when my daughter was an infant she was nearly killed by her father but it took a little while for the truth to come out. she was taken for a short period of time because i was a suspect as well until the truth was known (again long story but i didn't know he did it). a while later i had a babysitter who knew the history and was a freak - she wanted a baby and couldn't have one so in her twisted mind she thought if she called CPS on me they would take my baby and give her my baby (she called me up drunk to tell me what she did and apparently didn't stop and think i might have family or that she might not be fit if in fact i wasn't....). they had to investigate the call, that's normal, but none of what she said was true so one visit, end of story.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2010